After being closed for several weeks the Fond du Lac YMCA will be reopening soon. The Y has posted on it’s website that it’s finalizing plans and preparing to slowly re-open starting June 1st, “ensuring that we create an environment that is as safe as possible for our members and staff.” The YMCA says it is continuing to take the advice from the Fond du Lac County Health Department, the CDC, and the State of Wisconsin, and working closely with the other thirty Y’s in Wisconsin.
In order to be prepared while providing a safe environment we will be:
- Receiving guidance from our local health department.
- On-boarding AND training staff on our new safety and cleaning protocols they will be asked to follow.
- Educating staff on the prevention and spread of all germs.
- Receiving supplies and installing equipment for safety and cleanliness.
- Posting signage throughout the building to keep members and staff up to date with our safety protocols.
The details we are prepared to share right now are as follows:
- The Y will open on June 1st to serve our members. We are finalizing phase 1 of our Reopen Plan and we will share more details next week
- We will launch Group Exercise classes beginning the week of June 15th.